Inspired by the pinafores for the 1940s, 50s and 60s, the Ivy Pinafore Skirt is a classic pinafore dress sewing pattern or skirt sewing pattern to add you your wardrobe, for instance. It has an A-line skirt with an optional pinafore bib with cross back straps. This style is fitted with waist and bust darts and is close fitting. You have the option of patch pockets, in seam pockets or no pockets. You also have the option to fully line the skirt or leave it unlined.
This is a timeless look that is everyone’s wardrobe staple.
This is an adventurous beginner pattern suitable for any sewing level.
You will learn to:
- Install an invisible zipper
- How to line a skirt
Medium weight woven fabrics such as cottons, twills, denim, corduroy and wool blends.
Notions (Woven Circle Skirt Sewing Pattern):
- 20 cm (8”) invisible zipper
- Hook & Eye closure
- OPTIONAL: boning (for the skirt, as a result providing structure to garment)
- OPTIONAL: buttons (at straps for a decorative detail, for instance)
Sizing and Fabric Guidelines:
The Ivy Pinafore Skirt comes in US sizes 2-36 and is divided into two blocks: Missy 2-10 and Curvy 18-36, with some overlap between sizes for additional fit options, for instance. Visit the size charts for complete details for this pinafore dress sewing pattern, and consult the final photo for information on fabric requirements.
Included in the Pattern:
When you download the pattern, you will receive:
- Printable pattern files (available in both tiled print-at-home and copyshop formats)
- Women’s Size Range
- A fully illustrated instruction booklet for you to print.
- Pocket Pressing Jig Template for Perfect Patch Pockets, everytime
- Video Sew Along for the Ivy Pinafore Skirt Sewing Pattern
Grade between sizes, as the PDF has nested sizes that you can toggle on and off depending on what size you are sewing.
PDF Pattern with Layers:
The Ivy Pinafore Skirt PDF pattern files include layers, which allow you to select and print only the size(s) you need when printing at home.
See how other Makers sewed up the #IvyPinaforeSkirt for inspiration and to see the versatility of this sewing pattern. Want more skirt options? Check out the Lilianna Skirt and the Ava Circle Skirt another women’s sewing pattern for you to try.