The Beatrix Bag is an updated version of the classic tote bag sewing pattern. It has a fully zippered top to keep all your belongings safe and secure, with an optional divider zippered pocket to help keep your purse organized while on the go.
This tote bag sewing pattern is a great sewing project for bag makers and can be made from quilting cotton or leather/ faux leather depending on the look you are after for this bag sewing pattern.
This is an adventurous beginner pattern suitable for a sewist who is looking to make their first tote bag and has skills to teach you advanced bag making skills.
- Suggested fabrics include vinyl, leather, canvas, and waxed canvas, though you can also use quilting cotton, but you will need to use a heavy weight interfacing, such as Pellon 809 Decor Bond to add structure to the fabric.
- You will also need to use a stabilizer such as By Annie’s Soft and Stable. If you do not have this, this can be substituted for a medium to heavy weight woven interfacing combined with a layer of cotton quilt batting as a result, it will be slightly more “floppy” but still provide the structure needed for this bag.
Notions for the Beatrix Tote Bag Sewing Pattern:
- 1 x 15” zipper
- 4 x 1“D rings
- Optional: (inner zip divider) 1 x 12” zipper
- Optional: Rivets (to attach the straps, for instance)
- Optional: 4 x Purse Feet (lifting the bag, as a result keeping the bottom protected)
Sizing and Fabric Guidelines:
The Beatrix Tote Bag sewing pattern comes in a single size ideal for a market tote or purse.
Included in the Beatrix Tote Bag Sewing Pattern:
When you download the pattern, you will receive:
- Printable pattern files (available in both tiled print-at-home and copyshop formats)
- A fully illustrated instruction booklet for you to print.
- Video Sew Along