What we do with your information
Our online shop helps make your purchases a breeze! As part of the exchange process, our team collects some personal details such as your name, email, address and contact information to ensure you can receive all those amazing items without any hassle. So hop on board with us – it’s easy sailing from here!
Users may, however, visit our site anonymously. By voluntarily providing personal identification information, Users can unlock access to a variety of features and activities on our site. However, we respect their right to privacy: if they chose not share this type of data with us, it won’t impact the quality or quantity offerings available.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Your name
- contact information including email address, address and phone number
- information about your use of our site, including details of your visits, such as pages viewed and the resources you access
- information provided voluntarily by you, for example, when you register for our newsletter, etc.
*Please note, we do not store any of our customers’ debit or credit card details
Where we store your information
We store personal information on our database and with select third parties, as outlined below:
WordPress and WooCommerce
sheerstitchery.com and stitchsociete.com are WordPress websites, and our online shop runs on WooCommerce. When you place an order with us we receive your name, email address, phone number, billing address and shipping address. We DO NOT store any payment details. This information allows us to process your order, ship it out to you, and get in touch with you should there be any problems.
Canada Post (Business Account)
If you ordered a physical product that needs to be shipped to you, we use Canada Post. Having this information in Canada Post allows us to see when your order was dispatched, and also allows us to track your order for you.
We use Gmail for all our company email. If you contact us on any email address ending in @sheerstitchery.com, your email address and email content will be stored on Gmail’s servers. When you place an online shop order, we receive a confirmation email to firstname.lastname@example.org email address. In this email we receive your name, email address, phone number, billing address and shipping address, as well as details of your order.
Mailchimp is a marketing automation platform, and we use it to send out our marketing emails. When you subscribe to our newsletter, we store your name, address and email address (depending on what you share with us) on Mailchimp. We collect addresses (if you choose to provide it), so that we can send emails to people in specific parts of the world. You can unsubscribe from Mailchimp at any time but clicking the link in the footer of our marketing emails.
HubSpot is a CRM and marketing automation platform that we use in conjunction with Mailchimp. Refer to details on Mailchimp above.
Digital and Search Engine Marketing
We share customer data with third parties, such as Google, to perform services on our behalf in relation to Digital and Search Engine Marketing.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- We use your information to process and send out your online shop orders
- We send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
- In the future, we may use the information to customise the website according to your interests
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
- We may use this information to send you updates to patterns and courses you purchased so you have the most up to date version (i.e. size expansions, etc.)
Security & how we protect your information
As your security is our highest priority, we use the most up-to-date protocols and practices to safeguard data. We use a secure socket layer (SSL) for safe transmission of personal information such as usernames, passwords, transaction details etc., and all communications are encrypted with digital signatures so that you can trust no one but yourself has access to this private data at any time!
We have in place all reasonable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online and we are dedicated to keeping this safe. Keeping your data safe is something we are dedicated to. However, the internet is never totally secure and therefore we cannot 100% guarantee the security of data that you choose to send us electronically and sending us such information is entirely at your own risk. If we find there has been an unlawful data breach of sheerstitchery.com or stitchsociete.com’s database, or the databases of a third party data processor, we will report it to any relevant authorities within 72 hours, and we will also contact anybody whose data has been affected.
We use Google Analytics to monitor traffic on this website. Google Analytics has always exclusively used 1st party cookies to ensure reliable tracking and to protect visitor privacy. A cookie is a small file which websites can send to your computer and which helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any personal information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. When navigating our website, be sure to note any links that lead you away from it. These other sites may have different privacy practices than ours and we are not liable for the protection of your information while visiting them. You should always read through their own private statement before continuing on with your journey!
Controlling your personal information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we are required by law to do so. If we sell any or all of our business, then we may pass your personal information on to the buyer.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 2018. A small administration fee will be payable.
If you believe that any information we are holding in relation to you is incorrect or incomplete, please let us know as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
NON PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION INFORMATION
Our Site collects non-personal information about users in order to provide the best experience possible. This includes browser name, type of computer used and technical specs such as operating system, internet service provider (ISP), etc. All this helps us serve our customers better!
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) provides you with rights regarding how your data or personal information is treated. Under the legislation, California residents can choose to opt out of the “sale” of their personal information to third parties. Based on the CCPA definition, “sale” refers to data collection for the purpose of creating advertising and other communications. Learn more about CCPA and your privacy rights.
How to opt out
To be eligible to opt-out, you must be browsing from California.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
- Third-party cookies. We also use third-party cookies from our social media, advertising and analytics partners who may combine it with other information that you have provided to them. Third-party cookies work by sharing your browser identification with the third party (like Facebook, Instagram or Google), so they can show you ads on their sites. For example, if you visit our website, we could use these cookies to show you ads about fabric or patterns because we think it’s something you are interested in.
Please note: Some third parties such as ad networks and web analytics services may be placing cookies on your device without our knowledge, which we have no control over. These types of cookies are used to analyze site performance or customize advertisements for you, so make sure to double check who’s tracking your online activity!
Want to make sure your online experience is secure? Stop cookies from being stored by enabling the privacy setting on your browser. You can choose which types of cookies you want – or even block them all! But blocking those essential ones could mean missing out on certain areas in our site – so be careful when making this choice.
YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS
Your use of this site (sheerstitchery.com & stitchsociete.com) indicates your acknowledgement and understanding of our policy, as well as alignment with its terms. We encourage users to remain up-to-date on the site’s policies in order to ensure consistent agreement; any modifications made will require acceptance from all parties involved.